“For every minute spent in organizing, an hour is earned.” -Benjamin Franklin
Having your life together isn’t always as easy as it seems. Every one of us is juggling multiple tasks each day. Sometimes it can get overwhelming and difficult to manage. Even those fabulous Instagrammers you follow with the perfect looking lives, have to work daily to keep their lives as organized as they appear. In an effort to combat the stress of remembering all of our daily tasks, we’ve compiled a list of things we do to keep ourselves on track. Taking the time to plan and organize your life has many benefits. You’ll save yourself a lot of time, stress, and frustration if you give a few or all of these tips a try!
1. Invest in a good planner. Planners are essential to our daily routine. Having a place to consolidate your daily tasks is the first step to successfully managing your life. We both use a Happy Planner and we love them. However, you may not want or need a planner so large or detailed. There are so many options to choose from so take your time and pick one that’s perfect for you. You may also try a planner app if a physical planner does not appeal to you.
2. Make time to arrange your schedule. We find it helpful to take a few minutes at the beginning of each day to review your schedule. Take a look at your planner to see what you have planned for the day. This not only reminds you of what needs done, but also helps figure out other daily decisions like what to wear or what you need to pack in your bag for the day.
3. Keep your home organized. When everything is in it’s place, you save yourself so much time searching for it when you really need it. Try to practice putting things back where they belong when you’re done using them.
4. Prep your meals ahead of time. If you’re about to have an incredibly busy week and you barely have time to breathe, let alone think about meals to plan for the week, try meal prepping. Plan a few meals that you can portion out into several containers for the week so you can just grab and go.
5. Write down daily goals you need to accomplish. Each day, decide what you need to get done, write it down, and check off each item once you complete it. It’ll keep you on track with chores and errands and it feels great to check things off your to-do list!
6. Stay on top of your bills. Set a reminder on your phone or planner for each of your bill due dates. If you don’t want to worry about remembering due dates each month, a lot of companies offer an auto pay option so you don’t have to keep track. However, we do recommend writing down due dates somewhere so you know when to expect each bill to come out.
7. Stop procrastinating. As tough as this is (believe us, we are guilty too!), stop putting things off until the last minute. Getting things done ahead of time will save so much stress. Once you get the important tasks completed, then you can binge watch Netflix all you want. You’ll probably enjoy it more too, because you won’t be thinking of all the things you should be doing.
8. Take time in the evening to prepare for the next day. Make a list of things you could prepare for the next day. A few things we like to prepare in the evening would be our outfits for the next day, pack our lunch. and pack up our work bags. It’s a great start to your day when you already have things prepared and ready to go.