It’s that time of year again. When we wake up on January 1st and finish cleaning up what was left of 2017. Then, we begin creating a list of nearly impossible goals and commit to being the best versions of ourselves in the new year. We are no strangers to this tradition, but this year we decided to create a list of goals more attainable and realistic for us. Hopefully, this list will help you as well by being a bit different than the typical goals made in the new year.
- Be in the moment. When you’re with friends or family, make an effort to engage and enjoy your time. We live in a smartphone-driven world and sometimes we forget to look up at what’s going on around us.
- Work on bettering your mental health. Thankfully, talking about mental health is becoming more socially acceptable. Mental health is so important to take care of and we’re both putting it on our lists this year.
- Do something outside your comfort zone. This could mean something as small as skipping the self-checkout line at the grocery store and actually having a conversation with the cashier. Or, it could be interviewing for a job you’ve always wanted. Escaping your comfort zone could be life changing.
- Don’t just plan but follow through. What’s something you’ve always talked about doing, but never got around to it? Do it this year! Make the plan and follow through.
- Branch out and try something new. Do something you’ve always wanted to do, but never had the courage to accomplish. Log on to YouTube and teach yourself how to play the guitar. Try a yoga class. Travel somewhere alone. You can learn a lot about yourself and maybe meet new people along the way!
- Create something you can be proud of. Get on Pinterest and find a DIY craft to try out. Work on creating something with your own two hands. Its completion will be worth the effort.
- Put yourself first. Everyone will have an opinion about your life and how you should live it. At the end of the day you have to do what’s right for you. Learn to speak up for yourself and know that what’s right for you isn’t right for everyone. Not everyone will understand your choices or your lifestyle but it’s not theirs, it’s yours. Take care of yourself and your happiness.
We are excited for the new year and we hope you are too! Did you make any resolutions this year? Let us know in the comments below what your goals and resolutions are!